In September of 1937, William J. Lotz opened Lotz-Windley Funeral Home on Campbell Avenue in Roanoke, Virginia. By 1947, Lotz had grown, and a need for space to adequately serve our families caused a move to Church Avenue. We remained there until 1957, when Lotz moved to our present location at 1001 Franklin Road in Old Southwest. The original part of our Franklin Road Building was the residence of Mr. A. L. Smith, who was the President of Norfolk & Western Railway.
Today Lotz has three locations in Roanoke, Salem, and Vinton to better serve the needs of families in the Greater Roanoke Valley.
We have a large full-time and part-time staff, which enables us to meet the needs of all our client families at their convenience. Our staff is active in the community with various civic, fraternal and church groups. Our funeral home is also active in many professional organizations including the Greater Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Better Business Bureau, the Blue Ridge Funeral Directors Association, the National Funeral Directors Association, the Cremation Association of North America, International Cemetery, Crematory, and Funeral Association, and is proudly affiliated with Carriage Services. Through our relationship with Carriage Services, Lotz Funeral Homes can easily arrange transportation, funeral and cremation arrangements with our affiliated funeral homes and cemeteries.
(Photo: New Fountain, April 22nd, 1962 The Fountain was removed because of continued vandalism.
We stand ready to assist you. If a death has occurred, please call us on the number below:
Close this window
Who We Are
What We Offer
Why Plan Ahead?
How We Help